Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Date with a Counselor


I'm feeling a little defensive about the idea that there's something wrong with just knowing about God as opposed to knowing God. I'm learning a lot about Jesus right now as I read through and study the Gospel of Matthew, and I think that a large part of getting to know someone is knowing about their life outside of their direct involvement in mine. Then I have a better idea and context for his involvement in my life. Otherwise I feel like it's just a series of appointments with a professional counselor whom you know nothing about outside of those appointments... Anyway, that's just my soapbox and justification for enjoying studying about Jesus. Sorry. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Have you noticed how much Jesus talks about the Kingdom of God?

I feel like the more I know what Jesus was about when He was hanging out with Peter, John and the boys..the more I realize that I am guessing most of the conversation we would/should be having wouldnt be so focused on me.

Good point. (not mine..but yours....and I really like this photo..did you take it?_